Saturday, March 29, 2008

Solo Lighthouse Session!

Took a solo sesh at the Lighthouse this evening! It blew 25-35 all day, NNE, which kicked up a pretty sizable outside swell, but most of it was running past the beach and not really hitting too hard on the bars. I don't blame anyone else for not wanting to go out in the 45 degree air after the last few amazing 70 degree days, but, man was it fun! Way better than it looked from the beach! The lighthouse is funny, sometimes I love it, and sometimes I hate it, but it always looks the same, so I don't know why I can't make up my mind!! Well, today I loved it, so I guess that's all that matters for now!

Anne, Drew, Dan, Merideth, Audrey and a whole bunch of dogs acted as moral support and hung out on the beach while I tried not to get eaten by rogue waves! It was (again) one of those days where monster open ocean swells were just jacking up out of nowhere, threatening to send you to the bottom and your gear to Bermuda! I most certainly got worked pretty hard a few times, but all in all, the rush of careening down a logo high face prevailed and kept a smile on my face! Drew was kind enough to point the lens my way and snap some photos! Thanks, Drew!!

Lots of water moving around out there!This was about the 4th turn I made on that wave! Endless fun!Same wave, um-teenth top turn!The troughs were really deep!Back loop! (sooo close to landing 'em clean)Lining up a backside hitPow!
Next time y'all have to get off your lazy butts and join me! Give Drew somebody else to take a picture of, at least!

3 comments:

Bendula Family said...

Hey Andrew...you weren't the only one sailing on Saturday...it's just that nobody was crazy enough to join you out in that cold washing machine out there by the lighthouse. I was out there for a few hours with a few others, safe and sound at the canadian hole.

Dale

Anonymous said...

man -- it looks like as soon as I go away for a few days it just starts firing --- gonna have to do some shred med(itation) on the other side of the pond in order to be ready for the onslaught of wave destruction you guys are doing. I'm almost jealous! -stu

Andy said...

Hey Dale! Thought I saw your van at the Hole when I drove by! Glad to hear you guys got out there and hit it up!

Stu! How's the trip?! Any chance you can get a copy of the April New England Windsurfing Journal over there in Prague?! You just might want to find one!