Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fine "Coastal" Weather

Caught a fun freestyle sesh at the hole this afternoon! It was the kind of day I refer to as "Fine Coastal Weather." As in, super windy, overcast, cold, and drizzling rain... Others might call it good hypothermia weather... All the water got blown out of the sound in the strong NE wind, leaving a little pool of butter flat water to play around in. Nailed 5 spocks in a row, but the gustiness got the best of me and started spanking me down after a half hour or so. Still, a super fun solo sesh that left me happy for making the most of an otherwise dreary day! Sounds like Bill suited up and challenged the bleakness, as well, down at Isabelle's. Nice job, man!

Anne came by with Banana and snapped a few pictures off! Thanks, Anne!

That sandbar is usually a foot or two deep!Pop and slide in the butter flat water!Mid spock!Clean Jibes are easy as pie without chop bouncing you around!
It has just been insanely windy here on Hatteras! Today was the 5th day in a row that I sailed my 5.0, lit up! And to top it off, our forecast is off the charts! There's just no end in sight to this relentless wind!

2 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

What a forecast! Sounds like you're having a great time, with more in store.

Wish I could get down there...can't just yet.

Anonymous said...

Let's hope the wind holds up for the week of 4/20. Can I place an order for some of that 70 degree 25-35mph wind from late last week?

Can't wait to join you down there Andy! (even if only for a week)

Still 3ft+ of snow in my yard up here in NH.

-Jeff