Friday, March 28, 2008

More Super Fun Ego Beach!!

I can't believe it! We are just in an awesome weather pattern right now! Third day in a row of warm (70ish) SW winds, gusting into the 30s, and a fun waist to head high swell at Ego Beach! Locals and visitors alike convened today to play in the Atlantic. I had a marathon sesh today, sailing for just under 4 hours straight, with only a 15 minute break on dry land to rehydrate! It was just too much fun to stop... As I got tired, I started having a really hard time connecting good wave rides, but I was able to throw a ton of loops off the perfect little ramps! So much fun!

Drew came out towards the end of the day and snapped off a few great photos! Enjoy!! And everyone say it with me: "Thanks, Drew!"

Loopin'I have got the weirdest bottom turn when I get tired!Fresh back from Maui, Olaf destroys the lip!!Loopin' again!Bill gets a thwack!Top turn on a nice open face!Jim M, fresh back from Egypt!! Nice gouge, man!
Great pics, Drew! Thanks!! Here's to many more days, just like today!!! Loving it!

4 comments:

Bill said...

Nice loops andy! Those loop moments, its hard to tell whether you are going around on a FWD or coming around heavy off a backloop!

Great stuff, kudos to Drew!

Catapulting Aaron said...

thanks drew... killer photos... olaf got the shot of the day, imo...

Andy said...

Yeah Bill, those were both forwards, but the only way I knew was to look at the sequences! The second one I made clean, the first one I overotated and ate crow! Yow!

Hey Aaron, I agree about Olaf's shot! What a chunk of spray, huh? The afternoon light is just so perfect at Ego beach for pictures like that!

Anonymous said...

Andy, those loops are HUGE! Great photos Drew.

-Jeff