Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back on Familiar Sand

I made it back to Hatteras, with little trouble... except for getting caught with the fresh oranges, limes, and lemons I had stashed in my carry-on. I had time to step aside in the security area and eat one of the oranges, but had to throw the rest away :( It was unbelievably juicy, and I made a total mess of myself just peeling the darned thing. The lady operating the x-ray machine took pity on me and offered some paper towels :)

Four airports and many many many hours later, I crossed the Oregon Inlet Bridge and breathed a sigh of relief, as I was finally back home... Just in time to catch a classic Hatteras Sunset...

It's still standing!


Looks like SW this afternoon, and then a massive batch of NE for the next few days! Time to get the East Coast Spring Season started!! Anyone care to join?!?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blow by blow Andy! Great reading and visuals as usual We've had a bunch of southside sessions... hoping to hit ego today... see you out there! Lane

George Markopoulos said...

Yeah, every time we go, we try and shop properly, but we always end up with extra. So after the first time of just throwing it away at the security counter, now we give it to the locale security cops who check you into the car park. They usually appreciate it!

Glad you're back safe on hatteras terra firma!

Janis Markopoulos said...

Welcome Home. They didn't take away my Maui Splash did they? Great photos by the way.

Aaron said...

Nice job with the bloggin. Great to experience the trip vicariously through you. Planning an April OBX trip with some other NJ folks. Look forward to meeting you.

Andy said...

Nice, hope to see you guys soon!!


So... Janice... about that Maui Splash... I actually did buy you a bottle, the day that I drove up into the mountains. But then, I, uhhh... well, I remembered that I was only flying with carry on baggage, and that I wouldn't be able to get it through... so, I... uhhhhh.... well, I drank it myself. And it was delicious! Errr.. I mean, it tasted like it had gone sour and you would have hated it. Yeah, that's it... I threw it away because it had gone bad. Uh huh. It's true.






(sorry) :( (sorry) :( (sorry) :( (sorry) :(
(forgive me?????)

Janis Markopoulos said...

Dude! I KNEW you went up there. I recognized that picture of the south side coast. That picture was taken from somewhere around Kula looking down over Kihei and Makena! Now, I'm just going to have to book another trip to Maui just to go to Tedeschi to buy 2 cases. I forgive you. This just give me an excuse to go back.