Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Tabou Meets The Slick (with video)

Had a sick-o slick session yesterday in Buxton! 4.2 on the Tabou 100, and life was good!! It was chilly (~36F, 2C), so I couldn't get my camera batteries to hold a charge for more than about 45 minutes, but here's what I came up with:


Tabou meets the Buxton Slick from Andy McKinney on Vimeo.


That was my first good slick sesh with the Tabou 100. Man that thing is crazy! If you go into a trick fast and low, it spins around almost instantaneously, and I'm NOT used to that! A little slower entry and it spins with much more control, and if you go a bit higher and set the nose it gets a little more carvy than spinny. This board is so responsive to your input, it's unbelievable... Next up on the trick list: controlling the fast and low insta-spins so that I can start attempting double spocks! Booyah!

Looks like more 4.2 today and probably tomorrow morning, as well! I Love Hatteras! See ya at The Slick!

8 comments:

Waterturtle said...

Loved it! Great effects!

Aaron said...

Awesome video. 4.2 conditions must be nice...snow on the ground in new york. AAgghhhhh!! Keep up the great posts.

James Douglass said...

You're getting very artistic with these videos. It's cool. :)

MikeyZ said...

Mars Volta rocks my socks off. This is my favorite LIH video!! Great filming man!

- mike

George Markopoulos said...

Andy-bring lots of batteries to Maui. I'm looking forward to riding shotgun!

George Markopoulos said...

............and dont bother with the awesome LIH special effects, just put something up, even raw unedited video, EVERY NITE

Andy said...

Thanks for the kind comments fellas!

Anonymous said...

Awesome vid. Love it.

-Scott