Thursday, February 26, 2009

...Anticipation...

Man, I had been doing so well. I was relaxed, content, sleeping... Until now... now that my Maui vacation timeline has slowly crept into a forecast-able period... I've been clicking this damned link at least once an hour, even though it only updates 3 or 4 times per day. And it's looking good... Very, very good...

Tonight has been exceptionally harsh. I've been awake since 3 AM, unable to take my mind off of the approaching adventure. My pulse is racing, just laying in bed... dreaming of lofty starboard jumps and some down the line wavesailing in tropical paradise...

The last time I felt like this was, ummm, about 9 years ago... Uh-huh, yup... Right before my first trip to Cape Hatteras : )



In all honesty, though, I feel this way pretty danged often. Every time the windows rattle in the breeze, the anticipation hits. We all feel it, as windsurfers. You can't escape it. It's not a bad thing... It's just a little reminder that Yes, You Are Alive!! As GP likes to say: "What a life!"

6 comments:

George Markopoulos said...

Stoked! I'm so happy for you man.
Its gonna be everything you're expecting, AND MORE

MikeyZ said...

That is so cool.

I had my first trip to Hatteras this fall and it was amazing. I am going again in April and I am starting to get that 'alive' feel.

Enjoy Maui.

Unknown said...

What day are leaving.& Are you bring any equipment with you?Have fun

Janis Markopoulos said...

Andy, I hope you have a great time in Maui and throw lots of loops at Ho'opkipa! I want daily pictures, daily blog postings, daily go-pro footage and not only windsurfing footage. I want you to drive up to Kula (my future home) and go to the Tedeshci Winery and buy some Maui Splash for me. It's cheap. $8 bottle. I'll reimburse you. You'll love the winery and history associated with it. Also, I want to see a picture of you on the road to Hana, stop by the triple water fall. You can climb down in there and go swimming. I double dawg dare you! Also, I want to see a goiter from you at either Ho'okipa or Sprecks, your choice of venue. Got it? :)

Janis Markopoulos said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2e89n7LRg

This is the move I'm talking about - @ 2:17 in this clip. totally cool move!

Andy said...

Haha, you got it Janice! No problem... except maybe the goiter at Ho'okipa, but I'll see what I can do : ) Are you not going to let me return to Hatteras until I chuck one??!! :p

Brian- I'm out of town Sunday to next Monday. I'm bringing my harness. Maybe my harness lines, but not sure about that. Oh, and some boardshorts and a rashguard. And sunscreen. And a hat. I'm planing on taking advantage of the sweeet tabou/starboard/gaastra gear available through pritchardwindsurfing.com

Thanks for the well-wishings George and Michael, hope to see you guys SOON in the Hatt!!