Friday, February 20, 2009

Sunset Vid

The wind *finally* puffed up a notch just as the sun was setting last night. "Grab the kit and go go go!!" Luckily, I'm very practiced at rigging... otherwise, I would've missed the whole sesh... It's pretty amazing how just 20 minutes in the water can reset the balance of your whole day!

Anyway- I set up another tailgate cam, with the intention of sharing this sunset with all of you (awwwwwww, isn't that sweet). So pour yourself a spot of rum, sit back, and enjoy the high speed Hatteras Sunset!


Sunset Sesh from Andy McKinney on Vimeo.


Have a great weekend, folks!

5 comments:

George Markopoulos said...

Hey Andy, I know what you mean about even a short sesh having the affect to reset your entire day.
Heck, even skate sailing has that effect on me. 20 minutes with a sail in my hand has me going back to work or where ever with a warm/fuzzy feeling. Just something about being powered up by the wind i guess.

Man, you gotta be stoked, Maui in about a weeek! I'm so stoked for you! Are you getting any sleep? If I where you, i'd be laying in bed at nite staring at the ceiling smiling!! I think you're gonna rip that place up. Maui has nothing on Hatteras. Wish I could be there with you to see you launch at Hookipa your first time. Ahhhhh

Anonymous said...

Love the tailgate vids.

I too know what you mean about short sessions. I grabbed about 30 minutes Wednesday night. I hit the water at 6 and sailed til after dark. Warm 5.1 wind with some fun waist high surf. Couldn't pass it up. Spent more time walking out to the beach, rigging, derigging, and walking back than I did actually sailing. But those 30 minutes were worth it. Sometimes its not just the TOW but the whole experience before and after, even solo.

Good luck in Maui! Maybe I'll make it there some day.

Carina said...

Hey Andy!! I love this video!! Too cool..

Drew said...

It says "this video no longer exists" What gives??? I'm bummed - I'm missing Avon and looking forward to getting back!

Drew said...

Disregard last transmission - it worked for me. Nice!! Mellow and pretty!! Also it was cool how noone walked in front of the camera the entire time!