Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Swell Coming? Pretty Please?

Hmmmmm... Who will be the 20,000 visitor? I'll send a free Sailworld Hatteras T-Shirt to the lucky person, if I can figure out who the heck you are from the stat counter!

Now that I think about it, I've been at this thing for about 6 months now... Whatchay'all think? What do you like best about visiting the site? I put up a poll concerning various topics I've covered in the past, and I'd love your feedback!


In other news- invest 99 is taking a perfect track to send us some waves later this week... Could be fun, and it'll be a welcome change, 'cause it's about as flat as it gets right now! (image snagged from wunderground.com)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Size Large please!!!

-Jeff

Andy said...

We have a winner! Now that's effective use of your lunch hour!!

email me your address at hodad.andy(a t)gmail.com

Unknown said...

Andy
All I can say it keep up the blog. Love reading, seeing what is new Hatteras. I answered your Pole but just keep doing what you are doing it is great.

Mark

Stacy said...

Oh am I the 20,000th visitor?! :) JK - but I have enjoyed keeping up with the blog. I visited the area this summer and researched blog about it and came upon yours. Reminds me everyday that there is more than land locked Indiana - someone get me out of here!

Anonymous said...

Andy Keep up the great work love reading your blog about my favorite place on earth and cant wait to get back there this spring...place is already booked....tc Kevin

PeconicPuffin said...

oh man, I'm too late!

I voted for "windsurf" but I like the photos too. I pretty much like all of it. When you dinged your hand it made for excellent reading (though I see the down side.)

Congrats on the visitors!

SlideHappySailor said...

Your blog is really good, but....Could use more stories about kiter antics; and other classic Cape Hatteras antics, such as hitch hiking, beach parties, lost tourists, fishing bums, ect...seriously, with all the time you spend on the water, you must have witnessed some very funny kiter fck-ups.. ohh, and for 30,000 how about a rash guard?

Andy said...

Thanks, peeps! I'll try to keep my eyes open for silly tourists and more what-have-yous...

Unfortunately slide, most kiter f-ups aren't really too funny. I certainly wasn't laughing when I watched my friend get dragged through the brush, under the powerlines, over the highway, and finally come to a stop halfway up the dunes...

Anonymous said...

The only thing I don't like about the blog is when it takes you a few days to update us. :)