Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer SW, July Wrap-Up

Summer out here on Hatteras Island is tough to beat. The water's warm, the air's hot, and the wind blows pretty darned often, especially compared to the rest of the East Coast. We just got 3 days in a row of great SW wind, with some evening thunderstorms mixed in to keep it lively! Anne and I sailed with Stuart and a few visiting sailors out behind Island Creek. The water stays pretty ridiculously flat back there, great for working on jibes, throwing freestyle moves, and the occasional spin loop when you get all lit up. I took my camera out there and shot some video, it's a bit bumpy, but still fun to watch! The sailors include a great group from New Jersey (imagine that?), Eric, Pete, and Betsy; some very excited kids from Montreal and Ohio; and local rippers Stuart and Anne. Enjoy!



On to the July Wrap-Up:

8 days windsurfing (5.7 x3, 5.0 x5)
8 days surfing
3 SUP downwinders
15 rest days!!!! due to (fun) family obligations, travel, stitches, etc etc etc......
Lots of Missed-Its.....

5 comments:

Outdrsmn said...

The clock is ticking. Three more weeks and I'll be staying there in Island Creek. I'm so ready to disconnect from reality for a couple days.

Anonymous said...

Awesome vid Andy! I'm glad I finally found it. I'm going to have to invest in one of those waterproof cameras. It was awesome to see my self sailing from another point of view.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome videos and pics you took of us. We had a great time ripping with you guys. See you next summer! The NJ Island Blaster crew.

Andy said...

Odmn- come say hi when you get here!

kev + NJIBC- Fun sailing with you guys! Enjoy the rest of your summers!

Outdrsmn said...

I certainly will, Need to get a beginner set up for the kids and Noobs to play on. Either from SWH or Ride. I'm also interested in comparing the Longrider and Kona
for sailng and SUP.