Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Fay" May Be On Her Way!

Hooo I am feeling worked this morning! Snuck in 5 killer surf sessions over the last two days. Lots of really long lefts were hitting the bars, some of them lining up for well over 30 or 40 yard rides! Good size, too, big enough to give you a bit of face to work with, but not so big that it was hard to get out or anything. I'm kind of bummed that we didn't take any pictures, but my camera is on the fritz right now. I'll add it to the list of things to do, I guess... There's still a bit of swell lingering, but a moderate North wind is bumping it up right now. It's a great day for a SUP sail session, that's for sure!

Image snagged from wunderground.com
Time to get back in shape, kids. Hurricane season is here! Tropical Storm Fay has the potential to effect our area by the middle of next week, depending on the track it takes. I just checked over my gear, and everything is looking good. Then I jumped on the scale, and I'm a good 7 pounds over where I was last spring... and it sure isn't muscle weight : ) I'm going to have to knock that down, fast, if I expect to make it out on any big days this fall... Time to get focused on the yoga, maybe take a few jogs with Anne to get the heart rate up a bit. Gotta set up the heavy bag, too. Maybe I'll lay off the pretzels and beer and grab some carrots and milk instead... Nah, that's taking it too far!

See ya out there, if you're ready for it!

4 comments:

uglyjiber said...

7 pounds? Pssh. If i wanna be seven pounds lighter before i hit the surf...



... i just skip breakfast.

EC said...

i got my hopes riding on the light blue line to the right...

Andy said...

Nice, Josh!

EC, looks like we might get a small pulse of South swell, but I'm not expecting much more than that anymore... All the tracks have it pushing inland through Georgia at this point...

EC said...

Yeah,

I'm checking the isobars on Lake Champlain this wknd, that place gets epic Southerlies.... Freaking air miles can't get me a decent flight...
Somehow, 500 miles o/w doesn't get me excited.... The 700 r/t to get my gear prior to heading up north just kill me !

2008 just plain sucks when it comes to windsurfing when you leave 320 miles from the beach !!!!!