Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer Swell

Nothing epic to report from the last few days... But we have had a fun little background swell. Only waist high (at best), but I'll take it for August. The water is crystal clear and refreshing, to cool off on these hot August days. We've been keeping it fun, too, trading off boards, and hootin' and hollerin' each other into 2 foot mushburgers. Anne took this pic the other day, it's pretty much looked like this for about a week now (+/- a foot or two).

Even though the surf hasn't been all that great, I've been using it as an excuse to get back into paddling shape. My buddy Will got me into sprint paddling, basically giving it everything you've got, anytime you paddle anywhere. Man you feel like a kook paddling out at 110% on a knee high mushy day, then turning and burning like your life depended on it for every little bump you see! Aah, who am I kidding, I pretty much feel like a kook every time I surf anyway...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://12kite.com/
good one, I like! has to be dun at this time of year

Anonymous said...

I need to start taking my own advice with the sprint paddling. My middle section has been growing by leaps and bounds. Funny what sitting in front of a computer for work will do to you...