Monday, April 28, 2008

Surfy Surfy and SUP Helmet Cam!!

First, my apologies for the lack of recent posting! I assure you, it's not due to a lack of action! I've been super busy at the shop, and a bunch of friends from out of town were visiting last week! So, blogging took a back seat to surfing, sailing, hanging with friends, and :( working... This is the group of friends, who gathered in Hatteras from New England and as far away as Washington State! They're all awesome sailors, and not afraid to hit the ocean for some surfy surfy when the wind doesn't blow! Fun loving kids, that's for sure!

The Crew in the Cove (photo: Brett)Cove SUP Action (photo: Brett)
To summarize the action, last week we encountered some gloomy weather, but there was some wind mixed in between the rain storms. A few customers claimed they sailed 6 days out of 7, and our rental Serenitys, SUPs, and surf boards got some serious use! I missed most of the wind events, but surfed EVERY freaking day last week in some great waves! 2 SUP sessions in the Cove, 1 shortboard sesh down in Frisco, a North Avon SUP sesh, and a Lighthouse shortboard sesh this morning! We also snagged a fun windsurf sesh at the Hole Saturday evening.

Rowdy Bunch of Kooks!!I had a really good time hanging out with my college sailing buddies. I didn't get much sleep at all, but that's what they make coffee for, right?

I tried out the helmet cam while SUPing north of Avon. It was tough to frame the action, but I think a lot of it turned out pretty well! Check it out:



I've got a bunch more video to sort through, and it looks like tomorrow is going to honk SW with a head high swell, so check back for some more action soon! Yeee haw!!

3 comments:

Bill said...

Nice Andy! Can you take that helmet cam out on for some looping perspective on the windsurfer? That is one thing I would like to get for the GoPro is a helmet mount to try capturing more visual perspective of a nice high flying delayed FWD!

Today, if the wind ramps up as forecast, will definitely attach a GP to the rig to capture it!

Drew said...

Cool video Andy - I embedded it in my blog as well.

Andy said...

Whaddup Bill? Negative on the looping, it's too high impact if you mess up. The camera's only "waterproof" to 10 feet, and a botched loop creates WAY more pressure than that! I'm looking into getting a housing for it, good up to 40 Meters! Then there'll be no holding back!