Sunday, August 9, 2009

Killian Mansfield's "Somewhere Else"

Hey Folks! I'm happy to be back in NC, refreshed and ready to rock and roll!


About a year ago, I met a 15 year old guy named Killian Mansfield at my buddy Chad's wedding. Killian brought down the house with a ukulele based rendition of Prince's song "Kiss." It was, simply put, awesome, and something I'll probably never forget. Killian (now 16) has put together an album entitled Somewhere Else, which is available on Amazon as a pre-order, due for release in just a few days! I can't wait to get my copy, as I'm sure it'll be chock full of some great music! The best part of the story- Killian has chosen a charity (Hope and Heroes) to receive proceeds from the sale of the album!

Unfortunately, there is some bad news associated with this story- Killian himself is having a rough time battling a rare form of cancer. I'd like to ask you all to help him realize the benefit he is providing his charity by purchasing a copy of the album, joining his facebook page, or even sending him an origami crane! (There's some more info about Killian on the origami page)

Thanks for any support you can give!!

2 comments:

jody said...

rest in peace Killian Mansfield. what an amazing young man. thanks for spreading the word.

Andy said...

Yes, I was very saddened to hear of his passing... But the life he lived was so beautiful, and he's created so much joy... I'd say that his job was done, and he can truly Rest In Peace, knowing how much good he brought to the world.

Amazing young man, indeed.