Thursday, August 27, 2009

Danny's surf, Day 1

So I had a little accident last night... I took a hit from the rail of my surfboard, right on the forehead... It was just enough force to pop open a little gash, about 1" long, very shallow, but kinda wide... And if any of you have ever gotten a cut on the forehead, you'll know just how dramatic it can look... Well, I felt fine, but the faces of Drew, Stuart, and Daniel proved that I looked pretty dang far from fine! hahaha! Drew took a picture or two, maybe I'll post 'em up, maybe I won't... They're kinda gruesome looking... Luckily, no signs of brain damage yet... Good thing I've got a big thick Irish skull!

So anyway, I'm on dry dock for a few days while it starts to heal... Which is very challenging, because the surf is just gorgeous right now... I stopped by the beach while running a few errands this morning to shoot a few pictures of Drew and Laura. Pure torture to sit on the beach... But hey, being the designated photographer is fine by me, I like getting the pics just as much as riding the waves! Enjoy!


Drew, lining it up...

...and tucking in (yup, he made it)

Nice bottom turn, Drew!


Glassy, walled up, peeling... What more could you ask for??

That's one way to get out the back!

There were a few lefts coming through

Awwww, man!!

he he he he...

Better look where you wanna go, Dewski!

Laura, kicking out

You know it's good when no-one even bothers to paddle for a peak like this!

So, yeah, I'm a bit jealous, but it's all good. I needed a rest anyway, as it's been non-stop for a week or two now! And you should have seen how fast Kevin took off when I told him I'd watch the shop if he wanted to go surf! Haha, I think his shoes were on fire!

All eyes are on Danny now... Looks like he'll stay offshore and shoot the gap between Bermuda and here, just like Bill, but some of the models have him coming a little close...

3 comments:

Drew said...

Wow Andy you were on the beach for less than 10 minutes weren't you? If my shoulders didn't feel like mashed potatos right now I'd still be out there! Get that head healed up dude!

dan said...

Andy,
Isn't there some kinda liquid skin product or something. Put some goop on your cut, take off that skirt, and get some. And show some pics of that flesh wound, Nancy.
Bet you'll be out when its cranking 30mph in 7-10' seas tomorrow.

SlideHappySailor said...

Liquid Bandage, it's basically super glue and stings a little when it gets in the wound, but it forms a nice protective shell. I've used it on hands and feet for all sorts of lacerations, just make sure you have someone to apply it while you lay down, and then ask them to hold/pinch the wound closed to it dries(a minute or two). Good luck.