Thursday, July 23, 2009

Waves have arrived!

Finally a bit of swell in the water! Drew, Stuart, Laura and I had a pretty fun time this morning! Looks like it's going to stick around for a bit, too... And I think we might have some wind on the way... Could be fun!

I took all of these pictures in about 3 minutes:

Drew dropping in

Stuart getting back in front of it

He made it

Happy Stuart!

Drew

Nice, Drew!

Keep an eye on that wind!! It could be a great weekend to make your way out to Hatteras!

6 comments:

Bill said...

Damn, nice size Stu!!

We do not quite have that size up here in Nags Head yet, but its building?!

Catapulting Aaron said...

Sweet wave! You know Stu was extra stoked to smile like that despite the "slash and burn" his chest hair had just endured. Ha!

Carina said...

nice!! i miss trying to surf and falling off my surfboard cause something touched my leg :(

Outdrsmn said...

Nice waves. I do hope there is wind soon. Maybe Saturday evening or Sunday. Unfortunately with waves like that I'd be relegated to the camera or the sound.

George Markopoulos said...

Awesome surf for July

Wolf said...

This reminds me of my return from a seven year stay in San Diego at the end July 1977 (I stopped in Hatteras just before starting a new job in DC on August 1). I caught stand-up tube lefts at the light house--best surf since late February in San Diego. A delightful reintroduction to the east coast.