Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter surf

We've had some great surf down here the last few days! It's been chilly, but the waves have been fun enough to warrant dealing with the cold.

Mmmmmm....

I grabbed a quick sesh Wednesday evening. It was about chest to head high, and super clean in the light offshore winds. Very fun stuff! Anne and Banana came out to the beach to provide moral support. Anne snapped off a few pics, but her fingers went numb so she gave up on the camera pretty quickly. She did, however, snag a sequence of me chumping out on a dredging right hander. Thanks a lot, sweetheart... : )



Oh well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about your poll for the Spring ????? Fest. While I'd prefer looping to selfishly help me become an established looper, it's all good. I was going to rule out speed sailing but in Maui in 2008 I participated in the Anders Bringdal speed series. You check out a GPS unit for 20 minutes or so and see how fast you can go with the highest 10-second average speed being recorded. It was really interesting. Not so much for the competition but to see what shlogging speed was, just planing speed, fast enough to jump speed, ripping speed, and ready to explode dancing on the tail of your board speed.

On my honeymoon in Aruba many moons ago, every afternoon the local shop folks set up a casual figure eight slalom course race. It was pretty fun jibing in a crowd when you had to, not just when you wanted to. I did see a horrible head on collision though. Starboard!!!

Drew said...

Dud your newest post (today being Jan 26) doesn't have a link to allow me to post a comment - weird! Anyway surf looks fun bro and I'd def be out there with you if I were there!