Friday, December 5, 2008

Meeting the 2008 goals!

Alright, so a week or two ago I claimed my first grubby. I even had video of (half of) it. I was pretty stoked on it, to be honest! But yesterday, I nailed one so clean that I planed out of it! WAY better than the first one I claimed... So now, I'm really gonna claim it : ) That's good news, because it was one of my 2008 windsurfing goals. Anyone else have any luck with theirs, now that 2009 is looming on the horizon?

Billy D, Mach 10

Billy D, Dave C and I had it all to ourselves

We had perfect freestyle conditions yesterday, 5.7 and 100ish liter board. It was pretty punchy wind, and the gusts were pushing through in these nice, visible long lines. It made it really easy to pick out the right spot, timing wise, to chuck a move. I really don't mind gusty conditions, it opens up the world to such a huge range of possibilities: Hass or helitack in a lull, loop and jibe in the huge gusts, spock from a gust into a lull... If you open your eyes and work on appropriate moves at appropriate times your success rates can really skyrocket!

Closing time at the Hole, Thursday evening.

10 minutes later...

Zach and Sean passed through

Anyway, a bunch of you took advantage of the DaKine Handwear Sale, so it's time to move on to the next item on crazy blog-only closeout from Sailworld Cape Hatteras:

Sailworks Revolution 5.8

This Sailworks Revolution 5.8 is a previous year's new closeout. The sail matches up well with bump and jump/freestyle wave type boards really well. It's built durable enough for surf conditions, with solid rod epoxy battens and tons of x-ply. It'll rig on either a 460 or a 430, standard or reduced diameter mast. Bigger, power hungry folks tend to like the longer, stiffer mast option, while smaller, more finesse oriented sailors usually like the shorter, softer 430. Regular price is $605, crazy one time only blog based blowout on the last one: $399!! That's over 30% off! Holy $&@*!! There's only one left, so the first person to email me (at the address in the Welcome section of this blog) gets dibs. If this is an item you would like someone to buy for you, simply click the envelope button below to email them a link to this page!

2 comments:

George Markopoulos said...

I'm running out of time here on my #1 primary goal for '08 which was to sail away from a forward. I've had a bunch of excellent rotations, but no sail aways yets.
Perhaps tomorrow? Its gonna crank up here.

Andy said...

You'll get it, still a few weeks to go, ya just need to commit and sheeeeet in harder, now that you've got the feel!