Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Surprised Stoke-age!

Stoked on a surprise session yesterday! Cape Hatteras is such a rad place... All of the forecasts were calling for 5-10 all day long, but we got a surprise mid-day 20-25 two hour burst of wind! Good stuff, straight West, so Stuart and I sailed the Slick down in Buxton. My good ol' VT sailing buddy Don showed up on his kite for a little while, too. Our differing geographic home bases were readily apparent: Stuart and I were wearing 6 and 4 mil suits, respectively, with hoods, boots, and mittens, while Don was ripping around wearing nothing but trunks...

2nd topic of stokage: We just got the December issue of the New England Windsurfing Journal in the mail! I wrote a piece about a speed sailing session from about a month ago, and both Keith and I got some great Lane DuPont photos published! Stoked! Here's an excerpt from the article:

Out into the gnar we went! Visions of reeling, mast-high lefts led me down to Isabel's, where, not surprisingly, I met up with a handful of other windseekers searching for the perfect setup. Running over the dunes, our eyes met with...

Wanna know what happens next? Get a subscription (or order a copy through the shop)!

Speaking of the shop, we've got some killer deals kicking right now! Over the next few weeks, I'll be highlighting some specials, blog based insane deals, for a limited time only!! Starting with:

DaKine handwear! We've got a limited stock of Full Finger Gloves, Half Finger Gloves, Cold Water Gloves, and Cold Water Mittens. If you email me an order within the next two days (by Friday, December 5th, at 1 PM), I'll give you 40% off the regular price of $27-$30!! Please note the model, size (xs, s, m, l, xl), shipping address, and a daytime phone number that I can reach you at to finallize billing. Please do not email credit card info (for your own protection)!! My email address can be found in the "Welcome" section of the blog, top right.

DaKine Full Finger Sailing Gloves (Reg $30, SALE $18)

DaKine Half Finger Sailing Gloves (Reg $27, SALE $16.20)

DaKine Cold Water Gloves (Reg $30, SALE $18)

DaKine Cold Water Mitts (Reg $30, SALE $18)

These are great stocking stuffers for the sailors in your family!! Act now, as this is a limited time frame sale on a limited stock of handwear! If you would like to subtly hint to someone that this is a gift you would like to receive, simply click the little envelope button below to email them this blog post! Happy Shopping!!

4 comments:

George Markopoulos said...

when will the shop be closing for the winter?

Andy said...

Hey George, as far as regular shop hours go, we're basically done. I'm still hanging out here and there through the Holiday Season, though. I'm absolutely checking email and phone messages, however, all winter long, so if you need anything, just shoot me a note! It might take a day or two for me to respond, but don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you need!

SlideHappySailor said...

Are you going to make the journey to Sunny South Florida for some warm weather sessions?

Andy said...

Hey Slide, thanks for the invite, but I think I'll be sticking around Hatteras this winter... That's not a bad thing, as last winter we sailed almost every day! It's SOOOO windy here in the winter...