Monday, December 15, 2008

Catching Up...

Wow, the whole Holiday thing has been keeping me busy... No time to write!! By the way, there's still time to send out Gift Certificates and/or product, in time for the Holidays, so give the shop a call or send me an email and place your orders!

Last week was pretty fun, although I must have angered the wind gods with something I said... For two days straight, every time I rigged up and got in the water, the wind died. It got to the point where Dave and Ralph were chasing me out of the parking lot, before I had a chance to mess it up for everyone...

Here they are, ripping around, well juiced, 15 minutes before I hit the water and ruined it for everyone:
Dave, mid flat-water jibe

Ralph, in the straps and ripping

George, entertaining the "crowds"

Retribution came on Friday, when it blew 30-45 for a few hours in the AM. I think I'm getting old, because as I was loading up the truck, I hesitated as I walked by Anne's 3.7... and I decided to take it! Did I rig it? Well, no, I just hung on to my 4.2, but the action of simply putting the thing in the truck was a pretty major admission of truth for me. I am getting dangerously close to the dirty 30s...

Ghost town, 60 degrees and blowing 30! Where is everyone?!

Ego Beach, looking seductive

Ralph shot a few minutes of video and sent me this short clip: (Thanks, Ralph)



Speaking of video, I've put some of my previous ones up on Vimeo.com. The original files that I uploaded are exactly the same as the ones on youtube, but the quality is much better on vimeo! Check them out, here!

Other than that, Stuart and I snagged a killer Saturday, sailing in the AM and SUPping in the PM... Which had the effect of knocking me out before I could get to D's Holiday Party, and I missed the Parade, too... Man... slacking!!


Blog special of the day: Starboard Flare 104 Wood (The link is to a review of a smaller 99 liter version, the 104 planes up even better)!! Freestyle boards are super fun and easy to sail, and I think everyone should own one! It's hard to not plane out of a jibe on these things... Plus, you can rig small, light sails, and still outplane everyone on their 8.5 race sails! What's not to like?! So here's the deal- this board is brand new, although a previous model year, so we're going to hook you up for $949!! Pick it up in the Spring, or I'll ship it to ya, doesn't matter, but get your name on this board!! Call the shop or send me an email!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I shouldn't be plugging another shop when I work for one down the street, but as a supporter of smart windsurfing practices I think it's an absolute crime no one has bought this board. It is sick. I think it's also a crime that that sailworks sail - the 5.8 - that was posted never got nabbed at. While nothing beats MY sails in terms of My Loving them, the Revo is a killer sail at a killer price and so is that board. YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU DON'T JUMP AT THIS OPPORTUNITY TO RIP. Besides, baffing sucks and you know it. Freestyle rules and it's the only way windsurfing is going to survive. If you just want to go back and forth get a kite, it's the cool thing to do these days.
peace, stu

Andy said...

LOL! Stuart... Man- Want a job? You're quite the salesman, with a shove it down their throats selling style! : ) "Get this, or you suck." Is that how it works at your shop? : )

Hope to see you back at the beach soon!

Anonymous said...

Is this you too?

www.lostinhatteras.com

George Markopoulos said...

please define baffing

back n forth?

Andy said...

NO WAY!!

Jim and Pauline, you guys rock! Thank you SO much! Does this mean I have to learn html for real now? : ) Love that sweet picture, too..... : )


BAFfing= back and forth-ing, George. You don't fit into that category, so don't worry, Stuart's not going to force you to learn to kite : )

Anonymous said...

If I can manage to throw together a website (with no small amount of guidance from Pauline of course) I have high hopes for you.

Of course, I couldn't manage to resize a photo ;)

After the holiday we'll get the site transferred to your name and you can start uploading enormous photos of my ugly mug.