Friday, July 11, 2008

News Tidbits

#1: Mo' 5.0! Seems like it's windy everyday. Wednesday evening was my 100th windsurfing session of 2008! Frisco George and I sailed the Hole towards sunset. It was really gusty, and pretty weedy, but still a lot of fun. I put together a very short, admittedly odd movie from a few very brief and unimpressive video clips Anne took. Ahem... let me clarify, before I get in trouble- the action is the unimpressive part, not the amazing videography!! To make the movie longer than 8 seconds, I seamlessly joined it with another short clip I made from a sunset SUP tour a few weeks ago. Stuart and I braved the waters, right about feeding time. Don't get frightened!



#2: The Island Free Press has posted a nice online article that covers the Hatteras Loopfest 2008!! If you don't feel like reading, it is still worth scrolling down to the bottom of the page to check out lots of great pictures in the slideshow!

#3: There's a small but fun swell hitting the beaches today, a direct result of Hurricane Bertha! Anne and I are the undisputed sacrificial surfers, so everyone can thank us for leaving the island just as the swell started to hit.

#4: Wear your sunscreen, fellow sun worshippers! One of the reasons I'm off island right now is to get a few suspicious bumps chopped off, before they cause any real problems... beyond ruining my career as a model...

#5: The other reason we've left Hatteras is to join in some family fun, celebrating my cousin Jeanne's wedding! Yeeeeehaw! See y'all tomorrow!

#6: While I'm gone, feel free to call the shop and bug Drew or Kevin for any of your windsurfing needs. Make sure to relentlessly quiz them on things like fin screw thread and length!

5 comments:

K3rM1t said...

100 days! I'm jealous!

Stuck in windless San Diego at only 59 sessions (kite) this year. Currently in a 13 day dry spell that doesn't have an end in sight!

George Markopoulos said...

damn, i knew what was coming, and it still got me!

Anonymous said...

oh my, i may never enter the water again after seeing your video! the music totally freaked me out, as did that jellyfish that could quite possibly be bigger than me.. haha.. I'm glad you put the happy music at the end, that made me feel better :) have fun on your trip!!

James Douglass said...

Cool cannonball jellyfish video.

Andy said...

k3- get yourself a SUP and a 5.0 windsurf sail and you'll be in the water everyday! No wind minimums with that gear setup!

Glad y'all liked the video, I wasn't sure if I was going to post it after I first made it, but it grew on me over time. Good for a "got ya" laugh, at least! One cool note- I never knew little fish swam around under the Cannonballs, I had never seen them. I wonder if they're always there or just at certain times?