Monday, July 14, 2008

Never be without a SUP. Never.

**Update, 7/16/08: Yikes! I just re-read this post and realized what a Negative Nancy I sound like! Please note- Not having the perfect board for the conditions is absolutely not what kept me out of the water! In my opinion, surfing chopped up blown out waves is still way more fun than sitting on the beach complaining... I've got three more days on "dry dock" until I get some stitches out, and then I'll be good to go, regardless of whether I have the right stick or not!

Original post as follows:

Aaagh... I sold my SUP a few weeks ago and haven't gotten a replacement yet. Stupid stupid stupid... Last night would have been the raddest SUP sailing session of the year, hands down. Dead side shore winds at 8-20, and an overhead long period swell courtesy Tropical Storm Bertha provided a few fun rides for Anne, Drew, and Kevin on their surfboards. They definitely had a good time, but the tool of choice, if the whole world of toys were available, would have been a SUP and a 5.0. Check out Drew's perspective of the evening here!

Anne negotiates the shorebreak
Kevin drops in as Drew gets closed out!
Drew takes a left
Every aspect of this picture is cool, except for the fact that no single part of it is in focus...
Kev dropping in to a nice peak

Yup, I should've kept my SUP...

1 comment:

George Markopoulos said...

Those waves look fun!
Looking forward to next time.