Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More fun waves from TS Bertha!

Bertha has left us a fun little swell to play with the last few days! There's been a bit of wind, too, a few days of moderate South, and a day or two of slightly more juicy NE. The last four days would have been just perfect SUP sailing... Just 2 more days till my stitches come out, and I'll be back out there! I bet the lighthouse was pretty fun today, but there would have been an awful lot of dodging and weaving around surfers and swimmers...

I grabbed a few pictures of Drew SUPing Monday afternoon. There was a killer sunset, along with an almost full moon. Very cool evening light. I bet Drew had a better view from the water than I had from the beach! Anyway, check out the pics and this short video I shot!



PurrrtyFind the surfer!Again, find the surfer!PurrrtierPurrrtiest!!

Carina just put up a bunch of great surf shots from over the weekend! Check them out here!

The tropics are coming alive right now! I'm getting pretty excited to get some waves and wind. I feel like everyone here has been pushing themselves lately. It'll be really fun to see what happens when we get some real conditions! I think we'll see some gnarly wave riding and jumping this season, everyone's been super amped to go huge! I wonder how much gear we'll destroy in the process?!

The PWA Pozo event just finished up, as well. They saw some huge winds (as usual) with Pro Men on 3.0-3.5 meter sails! These guys (and gals) are throwing insane moves, planing out of double forwards, huge tweaked push loops, etc. And the big news, of course, is Ricardo Campello's Triple Forward Loop attempt! Holy $###! Check out some great video of the action on windsurfjournal's WJTV page. Day 10's super session is ridiculous!! (and it's got a few different vantage points of Ricardo's insanity)... Well worth the download time!

3 comments:

Outdrsmn said...

Andy, Nice shots. I was down last weekend and was kicking myself for forgeting the camera. There was one I could have had with thunder heads a seting sun and Bodie Island Light in the foreground. At least the image is burned into my mind. Now if I could only paint I'd have a masterpiece.

Drew said...

Funny video Andy! I'm glad that I didn't get worked on the way in although I agree that it would be pretty funny to watch :) I need to get another waterproof camera for from the water photos because that sunset was truly amazing!

George Markopoulos said...

The color of the sky is unreal. guess the smoke is blowing elsewhere. How is that going btw.. still good days and bad?