Friday, October 16, 2009

Super Fun Morning at The Cove!

***Update 10/18/09*** Check out the re-cut on the vid! (It's not really different, just smoother edits)

I Love Windsurfing At The Cove!  That place is just so much fun.  Soft, easy waves, lots of jumps, and down the line rides...  What a rad place!

It started off pretty small yesterday, so I sailed the freestyle board for awhile.  It actually worked really well on the soft waves, but I don't know if I'd ever take it out on a more critical day.  Once the wind came up a bit and the waves built, I switched over to the Pocket 80 and had an insanely fun time!  There were lots of folks out, I think I counted about 10 windsurfers and another 10 or 12 kites at one point, which got a bit crowded, but no-one was really stepping on any toes or anything so it worked out alright.  Here's the scene:



And a cool shot of Lane:




And here's some GoPro boom cam video:



I just want to shout out a major "Thank You" to Keith, Rick, and an unknown kiter who helped me get my board back after I had a little separation issue...  Much appreciated, folks, thanks for keeping an eye out!!

Cheers, to many more days just like that!!!!

11 comments:

Bill said...

aaahhh!!

I hate when I miss fun Cove days!

Great vid!

Nicolas said...

Keep 'em coming. You rock.

dan said...

Enjoyable. Nice work on the sailing and video. I love the part where you smack it, spray the camera and slide the tail around at 2:18. Can we get that in slo mo...? Fun times out there.

Anonymous said...

great video! best camera mount for windsurfing for sure. -Keith

George Markopoulos said...

those conditions look so friendly!

Unknown said...

nice work andy, on and off the water... super fun day for sure... a little crowded, but nice to see so many first timers out there.. looks like your landing the backs pretty regular now... oh and I LOVE that song...

Andy said...

Glad y'all like the vid, thanks for the comments!

Missed ya Bill

Thanks Nic, come join us!!

Dan, let's recap over a brew!!

Keith, we've gotta strap you up one of these days!

George, you would've loved it out there, for sure...

Lane- good to see ya out there! Oh, and the back loops... landing? yes, in a way... In the straps and sailing away? not so much... Still working on it...

Anonymous said...

Awesome vid. I'm stealing your camera mount. I'll let you know when I have something worth sharing.

Fishcamp.

rdm said...

sshweet. another vid to add to my group of favorites. song pick is excellent for the mood. hatteras is calling me...

PeconicPuffin said...

Great looking video (and session). I want that (video mount...and session!)

James Douglass said...

Best... video... ever!!!

The loops and stuff look really sweet from that angle, and I like how you did the editing. Neat, trippy underwater shot, too.