Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wee Waves (video)

I know I said that summer was here last time, but now it's really here... The only place that it really shows is at the Food Lion, in the form of huge lines and bare shelves. So we usually shop at the Village Grocery, at the northern traffic light in Avon. Better food, no lines. Just a head's up, in case you want to support a local business and don't want to spend all day getting your groceries : )

Fun little waves, and a bit of wind lately, although I've been getting scammed by some 6PM thunderstorms rolling in across the sound right at closing time... So this morning, I'm finishing my coffee and getting out there, no matter what!

I did put a camera on my noggin for a sunset SUP the other night. Check it out:

Piddly knee high SUP from Andy McKinney on Vimeo.


I've been teaching lots of beginner lessons, too. I'm a one man show at the shop these days... Putting in the hours, for sure. It's fun to get out there and spread the stoke around though, so I don't mind the long days! Check out Michelle, grinning ear to ear after learning heli-tacks on day one!

Now that's a happy camper!

Swing on by the shop and get yourself and/or a friend signed up! Time to learn the most fun sport in the world! See ya out there :)

8 comments:

George Markopoulos said...

where is that? frisco campground?

Andy said...

Windsurfer picture, yes. Sup video, no. Coming down anytime soon?

George Markopoulos said...

I'm hoping for a solo weekend trip the weekend of June 26th.

Janis is taking lauren on a college road trip that weekend, so i'll be solo.

I've got this week off before i start the new job on the 22nd. taking my daughter to delaware for the week, so i hope get some time on the water, get the calluses built back up

rdm said...

Nice vid man. I hit ego beach with Jasper yesterday but the wind made for SDP (sit down) rather than SUP. The water is still super clear- the only NC beach I know where you can be in tropical water.

Anonymous said...

Grat to have.new Peps in the sport

PeconicPuffin said...

I'll second the shoutout for the Village Grocery...it is indeed less expensive with better food, and a nicer experience.

-Pining for Waves

Andy said...

Hey Ralph, glad you and Jasper had such a good weekend!

Peconic- Tropical season is upon us... Waves will come... soon...

Outdrsmn said...

It is gratifying to help people get stoked for windsurfing. I've commited to puting people on my beginner friendly gear at the Sunday sails that the club sponsors. I want to try to get certified to teach beginner lessons before next summer. I've gotten a few people going but I want to learn how to break the basics down and teach them properly.