Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Swell

The first swell of the summer has arrived....... Life is good! We've had days and days of fun swell, with some wind mixed in here and there for sailing, and even some light west to clean it up for some butter smooth surfing....... ahhhhhhhhh........ I'm sooooo tired....

We didn't think to stop and take any pictures until after we had had our fill and it started to back off a bit and get bumpy... So these are representative of some of the worst conditions from the last four or five days!! Yow! Anne is responsible for most of the pics taken from land (Thanks Anne!)

Keith, Ken and I sailed one of the first days in super light on-side-on wind. I tried a 5.7 on the Pocket 80. Man, that board schlogs like a champ! I think a 5.5 would be perfect... I'm gonna have to update my quiver a bit.

Keith!

Author

Author again


On to the Surf! I have no idea how many waves or even how many boards I've ridden... Shortboards, longboards, SUPs... They've all been in the mix!

Drew!

Anne!

Laura!

Drew!

Author!

Happy Anne!

Drew!

Laura on a looooooong one!

Stuart!


Looks like wind this afternoon and tomorrow! Some of this swell might stick around, so it should be FUN! See ya out there : )

7 comments:

Drew said...

Soooo much fun the past few days!! Too bad we don't have any photos of the bombs down in Buxton. I'm sooooo sore I could actually use a day off (but I'm going out to look for waves instead)

Bill said...

WOW! Looked great down there! Bummed I missed it, though did catch some surf up here in Nags Head over the past few days which was fun, along with that NE ramp up a few days ago. That Lighthouse surf looked great though... Wished I would have been down there to get worked by a few of those! :)

Well, at least there is SW wind forecast for today!! Heading south this afternoon.

George Markopoulos said...

wow is right! what day was this?

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Jealous. We're getting nada down in SNC. Flat and calm.

FishCamp

Waterturtle said...

great pics and nice waves....I love the one taken behind Drew SUP'ing on wave, looking towards the beach.

Outdrsmn said...

Damn fine pic's looks like fun. I'm going to have to learn to surf again.

Andy said...

Glad you guys like the pics! I don't know why we didn't take out a camera for the three days prior...... I guess we're just selfish when it comes to surf. Gotta get it while the gettin's good, no time to take pics.

Bummer it's flat in the other half of NC, Fishcamp... but you're only a short drive away...

You've gotta get back out there outdrsmn! Best cross training ever for windsurfing... Both sports benefit from doing the other when conditions warrant! Plus, a glassy no wind day is heaven in the surf!