Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tropical Depression?

My oh my, it feels mighty tropical out there today... The roads are flooded, and it's super windy out of the North, veering NW (look out for some big soundside flooding when that happens!). Rainfall yesterday was just under 3", and it poured all night, I'm sure just about doubling the totals. I'm hoping the rain clears out this afternoon for some open eyed sailing!

**update** We received another 5.88" of rain on Wednesday!


Here are a few pictures from my commute this morning. I probably could have walked faster...

RT 12 is not only flooded, it's whitecapping...

Uh-huh : )

Suddenly, the fake dolphin and dock to nowhere seem to make sense

4 comments:

James Douglass said...

I love picture #2. :)

PeconicPuffin said...

Yeah!

I'm with James. I'd "borrow" photo #2 except I never wanted to get political. But I lost my self control on election day and blogged away.

Hey when are you NC guys gonna decide who you voted for?

:)

All the best with the wind to you. All the best with our new president to the entire country.

Andy said...

Yeah that picture is probably about as political as I'll ever get, at least on this site. I'm sure that the energy of NYC was overwhelming, causing you to break your own blogging rules...

Close race here in NC. Dare county's tally was about 55% in favor of McCain, with a 67% voter turnout. 438 citizens of Avon showed up to cast their votes!

George Markopoulos said...

the storm definately had a tropical feel to it.