Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pier Walk, and the August Wrap-Up

Anne and I spent some time on the Avon Pier last night. There were lots of fishermen out there, pulling in bluefish and spanish mackerel. I was pretty mesmerized by the (almost) full moon rising, and the little swell lines coming across the ocean. It was a great place to catch the sunset and chill out for an hour. I took a few pictures, so enjoy!

Full(ish) Moon


Yes, I can levitate.


For my Patriotic Readers


Flashlight Wars


Looks like I haven't done a August Wrap-Up yet. So here it is, by the numbers:

5 windsurfing sessions (5.7 x4, 5.0 x1)
32 surf sessions!! (2 SUP, the rest prone)
4 rest days
0 days in a wetsuit!

So, August sucked for wind (but it always does, so that's no surprise). More importantly, we had waves! And LOTS of them!!! Gooood stuff!! Now that September's rolling by, I'm really looking forward to Fall. The water stays warm, the waves only get better, and we should start seeing some fronts pushing through any day now, signaling the return of the wind!!

I wonder if I'll remember how to windsurf by the time WaveFest rolls around?

4 comments:

Bill said...

Excellent night pics Andy! I remember seeing that same full moon last night as we were hanging at Coquina Beach until just after sunset.

Amazingly there was so much activity in the water....jumping schools of small bait fish, larger jumping Spanish mackerel, even larger jumping sting rays, and even larger jumping porpoise, and underwater an armada of those balloon jellies! Tons of life out there offshore of Coquina yesterday late afternoon/early evening!

Outdrsmn said...

That first Pier pick is awesome! You have had some really nice shots what setup are you using?

Andy said...

Yeah Bill, we've been seeing a lot of fish in the water down here, too! The fishermen are stoked!

Hey Chris, I just have a little Olympus point and shoot. It's waterproof, so I can take it surfing and sailing. I think it's the 850 SW or something like that. It really does take amazing quality pics for how small and simple it is. And then a little bit of photoshop action can really make a shot much better!

Nicolas said...

Nice, Very nice.