Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finally...

The wind has returned! Apparently, the whole East Coast was hit with a few days worth of breeze. Nice, it's finally starting to feel a bit like Fall!

I got out for a dawn session Monday morning. Perfect freestyle conditions, on a lightly powered 5.7 and 108 liter board. Those are very fun, mellow conditions to throw your rig around in. The crashes aren't too nasty (usually), as opposed to trying stuff when it's blowing 4.2... That was lucky for me, too, because I was feeling RUSTY! It's been awhile!!

Anyway, I propped a video camera up on my tailgate and hit "record." This is what I came up with:

Enjoy!




As I wait for this video to upload, I'm noticing that the wind meters are boosting! Solid Northerlies are starting to blow, gusting up to about 30.... We're forecasted to have a very windy week, so come on down!! If you can't make it, then tune in for the reports in a few days!

Alright, this thing is taking forever to upload... so here are some pictures that I took last night, down at the Canadian Hole:




4 comments:

George Markopoulos said...

I have video envey. very artistic.
that film is derived from a standard camcorder amd not the go-pro, right? what software do you use to edit the movie?

see ya thursday morning.

Anonymous said...

One of those looked like me; the one that ended in an explosion. Although it would have been way more spectacular. And ended with broken gear.

Anonymous said...

Your video editing skills are really coming along! Looking good. The footwork and sail handling wasn't bad either :) Enjoy the wind, keep the posts coming.

Catapulting Aaron said...

Great video, bro!