Saturday, June 14, 2008

Loopfest Gets Serious(ly fun)

**Update 6/16/08- New Pics added!

Initial side note: I'm cast free! I'm almost totally healed up, but my hand's a little sore from lack of use. The bone feels pretty solid, but I think I'm going to give it a few more days before really charging. In any case, I can't wait to get back in the water!

About to wash my hand for the first time in weeks!
Moving on, to Loopfest:

Tonight, I gave an informal forward loop clinic, hosted by Sailworld Cape Hatteras. It was easy to see the intensity in everyone's eyes as I explained some of the intricacies of surviving your first loop! We've got a great crew of people interested in chucking them, from 16 years old to 46 years young in attendance this evening. There's a possibility of a dawn session tomorrow morning, down at Isabel's, and everyone is super amped up to take their sailing to the next level!

Clinic AttendeesGeorge and his New Dakine T3 Harness!! (Photo: Janice Markoupolis)As an added bonus to the free clinic, Bill and I gave out a bunch of swag tonight! Dakine, Quatro, and Avon Sail House hooked up the Loopfest participants with a bunch of T-shirts and rashguards, and we also gave out a Dakine T3 Harness to lucky winner George! And GoPro sent us a bunch of Helmet Hero waterproof video cameras and helmet mounts to help catch the action! We've still got quite a few rad prizes left for the registered Loopfest participants, including a Dakine Impact Harness, Simmer wave sail, and a KA wave sail, along with a bunch of other swag! So if you didn't get anything tonight, don't worry, because there's more to come!

Awwwww yeah!

2 comments:

Catapulting Aaron said...

Andy, glad to see you recovering, bro!

Andy said...

I think I'm pretty much there! Sailed powered up 5.7 last night and my hand feels pretty good, even the next morning. And trust me, I am very glad to be recovering!